20 Quotes About Islam You Need to Know
20 Quotes About Islam You Need to Know : This is a much needed post for the free thinkers to read. It’s important for me to help people grow from all prospective in life. My investment is truly is effecting others to do good actions. Lets get started.
“The lies (Western slander) which well-meaning zeal has heaped round this man (Muhammad) are disgraceful to ourselves only.”
― Thomas Carlyle, On Heroes, Hero Worship and the Heroic in History
Islam is vilified by many frauds and No I won’t shy from saying it because it’s the truth. They gain fame. Given money, even scholarly positions. Yet aren’t credible such respect. Experts in misleading people and teach things on the level of intellectual infants. We have christian conservatives ( for example ) and many others who agree with alqaeda version of Islam.
*Quick Quran facts
“And tell My servants to say that which is best. Indeed, Satan speculates among them. Indeed Satan is ever, to mankind, a clear enemy.” (17:53)
Competition between mankind
“We have appointed a law and a practice for every one of you. Had God willed, He would have made you a single community, but He wanted to test you regarding what has come to you. So compete with each other in doing good. Every one of you will return to God and He will inform you regarding the things about which you differed.” (5: 48)
Who does Allah love ?
“God does not forbid you from being good to those who have not fought you in the religion or driven you from your homes, or from being just towards them. God loves those who are just.” (60: 8)
There are so much it’s always better for you to do your own keyword searches and see what you can find. I’m lucky enough to be born & raised among Muslims/Christians in middle east thus the tactics used against gullible people won’t work on me. Search The Quran
Quotes From Religious Leaders
“… the religiosity of Muslims deserves respect. It is impossible not to admire, for example, their fidelity to prayer. The image of believers in Allah who, without caring about time or place, fall to their knees and immerse themselves in prayer remains a model for all those who invoke the true God, in particular for those Christians who, having deserted their magnificent cathedrals, pray only a little or not at all.” – Pope John Paul II
- “… since September 11th event, in many occasion I always come forth, with a defense of Islam. Islam like any other major tradition. I think the very praising Allah means love, infinite love, compassion, like that I understand Islam, they usually carry rosary, all 99 beads, different name of Allah, all refer compassion, or these positive things.” – 14th Dalai Lama
“I become more than ever convinced that it was not the sword that won a place for Islam in those days. It was the rigid simplicity, the utter self-effacement of Hussein, the scrupulous regard for pledges, his intense devotion to his friends and followers and his intrepidity, his fearlessness, his absolute trust in God and in his own mission. These and not the sword carried everything before them and surmounted every obstacle.”
― Mahatma Gandhi
Quotes from Political & Civil Leaders
- “I have been struck by the human and moral values which Americans as a people share with Islam. We share, first and foremost, a deep faith in the one Supreme Being. All commanded by Him to faith, compassion, and justice. We have a common respect and reverence for law. Despite the strains of the modern age, we continue to place special importance on the family and the home. And we share a belief that hospitality is a virtue and that the host, whether a nation or an individual, should behave with generosity and honor toward guests. On the basis of both values and interests, the natural relationship between Islam and the United States is one of friendship. I affirm that friendship, both as a reality and as a goal [and] am determined to strengthen, not weaken, the longstanding and valued bonds of friendship and cooperation between the United States and many Muslim nations.” – Jimmy Carter
“America needs to understand Islam, because this is the one religion that erases from its society the race problem. Throughout my travels in the Muslim world, I have met, talked to, even eaten with people who in America would have been considered ‘white,’ but the ‘white’ attitude had been removed from their minds by the religion of Islam”. Malcolm X
- “The legislation of Quran will spread all over the world, because it agrees with the mind, logic and wisdom.” – Leo Tolstoy
“I’m a fundamentalist in the true sense. That is to say, I follow the fundamentals of religion… But for over 1,400 years people have been interpreting and re-interpreting the religion to suit their own purpose! … These [extremist and terrorist acts] are not Islamic fundamentals any more than the Christians who burned people at the stake are fundamentalist. They are actually deviating from the teachings of the religion!”
― Mahathir Mohamad
Quotes From influential Writers/Doctors
“Foolish that everyone in his trap. His special opinion praises! If Islam is to surrender to God,
We live and die in Islam! “Johann wolfgang von Goethe
- “The Islamic teachings have left great traditions for equitable and gentle dealings and behavior, and inspire people with nobility and tolerance. These are human teachings of the highest order and at the same time practicable. These teachings brought into existence a society in which hardheartedness and collective oppression and injustice were the least as compared with all other societies preceding it…. Islam is replete with gentleness, courtesy, and fraternity.” – H.G. Wells
“There is no compulsion for man to accept the truth. But it is certainly a shame upon the human intellect when man is not even interested in finding out as to what is the truth! Islam teaches that God has given man the faculty of reason and therefore expects man to reason things out objectively and systematically for himself. To reflect and to question and to reflect.” Maurice Bucaille
- “Islam appears to me like a perfect work of architecture. All its parts are harmoniously conceived to complement and support each other; nothing is superfluous and nothing lacking; and the result is a structure of absolute balance and solid composure.”
― Muhammad Asad
“I challenge anyone to understand Islam, its spirit, and not to love it. It is a beautiful religion of brotherhood and devotion.”
― Yann Martel, Life of Pi
Quotes From Influential Sports & Entertainment Figures
I never was in the Nation of Islam… I mean, what I call myself is a natural Muslim, ’cause it’s just me and God. You know, going to the mosque, the ritual and the tradition, it’s just not in me to do. So I don’t do it. Ice Cube
- I saw Islam as the correct way to live, and I chose to try to live that way. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
Allah says in the Qur’an not to despise one another. So the criterion in Islam is not color or social status. It’s who is most righteous. If I go to a mosque – and I’m a basketball player with money and prestige – if I go to a mosque and see an imam, I feel inferior. He’s better than me. It’s about knowledge. Hakeem Olajuwon
- Having embraced Islam, I felt as if I were born again. I found in Islam the answers to those queries which I had failed to find in Christianity. Jermaine Jackson
Its more important to start looking into things for yourself. Learn what others have to say about issues. People are neglecting their own critical thinking abilities. Many people tune in to the TV, radio with out realizing that much propagating goes on in much of these programs and shows.
Read the Quran for yourself – Check it out ( I already submitted keyword search “good doers ” for you to see what it has to say on that subject.
Point of this post : Don’t only listen to the critics, listen to those who love Islam or at minimum intellectual enough to give a balanced view on Islam.
*Super Tip – How to Approach a Muslim ? Same way you would want someone to approach you. ( with respect )
Know any Muslims ? talk to them about it. Why do they love it for ? Muslims are not different then you, they are family oriented people who try to be the best they can be with themselves and others.
( a Muslim is to be upright and righteous with all creation, not only humans ).
Share this with others who can benefit from the message and quotes.